Todays Show Times:
Director: Paul Thomas Anderson
Writer(s): Paul Thomas Anderson
Cast: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lesley Manville, Camilla Rutherford
Set in the glamour of 1950’s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock [Daniel Day-Lewis] and his sister Cyril [Lesley Manville] are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma [Vicky Krieps], who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love.
With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson’s eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.
This film is nominated for 6 Academy Awards, including
- Best Motion Picture of the Year
- Best Achievement in Directing (Paul Thomas Anderson)
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role (Daniel Day-Lewis)
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Lesley Manville)
- Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures – Original Score
- *WINNER* Best Achievement in Costume Design